• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can't add app to app drawer

Mar 17, 2015
My LG phone came with Google Play Music (and other apps) pre-installed. It is listed in settings/app, but is not in the app drawer. How can I create a shortcut for it on my home screen?

I tried to uninstall and reinstall it in settings/app, but there is no uninstall option there.

Android version 5.0.2

My guess is your app drawer has subfolders in it. I'd look for something with multiple apps in it called simply "Google" or "Media". From there you can long-press the music app to put on your home screen.

Bingo! Not in Widgets, but in a Google subfolder. Will pay attention to subfolders in the future. Thanks.

Upvote 0
For all of Android's strengths, the one thing they really could use some serious improvement on is practical user guides. This is just one example of a whole lot of things you're just supposed to know. o_O

That's one of the reasons why user support forums are so popular (and why we're the best out of all of them ;) ).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones