• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can't add corporate email account

SMWAS

Mar 24, 2011
Hi all,

I tried to add my corporate email exchange account to a new Z (actually I have tried on two different Zs), and I kept getting a popup that it needs a certificate. My IT guy at work has no idea what it needs, and neither does the guy at the Verizon store. When someone tries to add our corporate email from another Droid (say, a Samsung), this problem does not happen. I currently have our corporate email running on my Droid Turbo just fine.

Any advice? I would like to have this phone, but, obviously, not being able to run my corporate account for email/calendar/contacts is a non-starter.

Thanks in advance.

Try these settings (and make sure you are using a secure PIN on your phone. Some networks require you have a secure PIN.

Fill in the normal settings on the first page (email + password)
then select manual setup/exchange

domain\username: domain(without .com or anything)\userID <--- Just the user ID, not userid@domain.whateva
Password:enter your password
Server:email.domain.com

SSL :yes
Accept all SSL certificates:yes
no need for client certificates
Port 443

Upvote 0
If that doesn't work, whenever there is an issue with Exchange mail (thank goodness I don't use Exchange), I always hear that the best way to deal with it is to get the app Nine from the app store. Everybody who uses it reports that it is great.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ninefolders.hd3

$10 in-app payment, but you get 2 weeks to try it out for free to make sure that it works - and worth every penny, from what I hear.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones