1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Can't add file to group

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Royce Fickling, Jun 16, 2020.

1. Royce Fickling

I have an existing group on my homescreen to which I want to add another file shortcut. When I try to move the shortcut into the group, the group dances out of the way and won't allow me to drop it into the group.

Anyone else see this? Frustrating.

2. Royce Fickling

I should add that the homescreen layout is not locked.

3. svim

svim Extreme Android User

How many icons are in that grouped folder? Try temporarily moving one out back onto your screen and see if you can then add a new one to the group. Perhaps there's a limitation as the number each group will retain.

ocnbrze and MrJavi like this.
  4. PitCarver

PitCarver Android Expert

Is the folder in an empty àrea of the screen? NOVA allows overlap of widgets and when I have a folder in the overlap area it'll dance away too.

svim and ocnbrze like this.
  5. Royce Fickling

PitCarver was correct. I moved the group to a 2nd screen where there was more room, and viola! Now I can add more icons to the group. I don't yet know what the limit is though.

Thanks for the help Guys.

ocnbrze and svim like this.
  6. PitCarver

PitCarver Android Expert

Don't know what limit is on folders, I do know I haven't reached it yet. Took me several times of remaking a folder, with a lot of apps, before I realized the overlap issue.

Glad it worked out for you.

ocnbrze likes this.

Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8.0 release date was July 2019. Features and Specs include a 8.0" inch screen, 8MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon 429 processor, and 5100mAh battery.

July 2019
Release Date
Reviews