1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

CAN'T ADD GOOGLE ACCOUNT TO HTC DESIRE

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by Jamesnewman, Dec 17, 2016.

1. Jamesnewman

Jamesnewman Lurker

Now we all know when you buy a new phone and set it up it's easy, however, everytime i get to the "add google account" page, i try to add my account but it says, " unfortunately google ply services has stopped" no matter what i do i cannot get it to add my account. i've tried, deleting cache, clearing data, force stopping google play store, services, framework, and still nothing. I've even tried factory resetting the phone and still nothing. All i wanna do is be able to add my google account so i can download apps just like you can on any other phone. It's automatically like that when i factory reset phone and try to add google account in phone setup...Someone please help me fix this, i cannot figure it out

2. Best Answer:
    Post #19 by jtelander, Dec 18, 2016 (1 points)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

3. hazz420

hazz420 Lurker

Ugh I need help with this too, tried everything possible, I even have an email saying I've signed in on a new device yet I always get the 'unfortunately google play services has stopped' message after I enter my email and password to sign in, I don't understand why it's not working as I have factory reset my device too...

4. jtelander

jtelander Newbie

I have the same problem after doing a factory reset on a Moto X last night. I can't sign in to my Google Account and get the dreaded "Unfortunately Google Play Services Has Stopped" error.

5. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

Thats is why i hate htc phones Samsung is better but that is my opinion and experience!

6. jtelander

jtelander Newbie

7. lvt

lvt Android Expert

Do you have the same Android versions?

Could you please list your phone model, Android version and Play Store version?

8. jtelander

jtelander Newbie

Device: Moto X (2nd generation)
    Android Version: 5.1
    Play Store Version: 5.3.6

9. jtelander

jtelander Newbie

10. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum

Something they did with the play store makes it crash specific versions of the play store app with certain versions of Android. Hopefully they will get it sorted out. The irony is that if they fix the app, you'll need to update it through the play store, which isn't working.

lvt likes this.
  11. jtelander

jtelander Newbie

If I knew which version to use,I'd try side loading a different version of Google play services apk

But I don't know which to choose

12. lvt

lvt Android Expert

It's strange, your Play Store version seems outdated long ago, all my devices including an old HTC running Android 4.2.2 have Play Store version 7.x

13. jtelander

jtelander Newbie

Suggestions? It "is what it is" after the factory reset

#13 jtelander, Dec 18, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2016
  14. lvt

lvt Android Expert

Maybe you'll have to wait for a while, it's simply not the right time to make a factory reset on certain phone models.

15. jtelander

jtelander Newbie

Could be, but even with the passage of time, if I can't access Google Play, how would a Google Play update happen in the future?
    As it is, this device can't use anything that requires a Google username and password (Google, Gmail, Play Store, etc).

16. hazz420

hazz420 Lurker

I have this problem, how will we even be able to access a new update since we cannot connect to the play store?

17. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

Dannydet likes this.
  18. hazz420

hazz420 Lurker

Have downloaded the latest play store apk but unfortunately still get the Google play services has stopped message on signing in.. any other suggestions?

19. jtelander

jtelander Newbie

hazz420 and lvt like this.
  20. lvt

lvt Android Expert

21. jtelander

jtelander Newbie

version 7.3.07.K-all [0][PR] 13993598

22. lvt

lvt Android Expert

Yes it's the latest and clean version.

23. hazz420

hazz420 Lurker

kct1975 and lunatic59 like this.
  24. androodius

androodius Lurker

It's likely not your device. Have you tried signing in using a different account?

25. jtelander

jtelander Newbie

In my case, the same thing happened when I attempted to log in with another Google account.