• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Can't add or edit conracts

Greetings
I'm putting this post under phone category try but I think this is an android issue. Phone is rooted by kingo...recovery performed yesterday free after soft bricking the phone. I restored titanium backup. Problem is my dialer and contacts (system) icons are gone. The apps are still listed under system/apps but i have no way of accessing or using them. I installed several phone dialer/contacts apps and that fixes phone dialer issue and allows me to open contacts but I CANT ADD CONTACTS WITH ANY APP...when i click add contact the apps dont respond...very strange...Phone is LGMS769 with 10e installed

Moved into the root forum as it seems this is more root related.

You restored a backup yesterday you say? Odd since it should have went back to the way it was when you backed it up.

Have you tried flashing a different rom (or the same rom) to see if your contacts and dialer comes back?

Haven't tried flashing again but guess I could try..don't want to try different rom yet. Too much of a newbie!!

Upvote 0
Haven't tried flashing again but guess I could try..don't want to try different rom yet. Too much of a newbie!!

Normally I'd try to trouble shoot further, but with system apps "disappearing", getting a fresh install would be the easiest way to fix.

Don't forget to wipe cache/dalvik/data/system before hand though with a nandroid.

Upvote 0
Normally I'd try to trouble shoot further, but with system apps "disappearing", getting a fresh install would be the easiest way to fix.

Don't forget to wipe cache/dalvik/data/system before hand though with a nandroid.

If I understand you correctly, I need to wipe this cache before doing the backup?? This is one thing I didn't do last time.

Upvote 0

Another question...the "fresh install" I wound up with after recovery the other day wasn't truly and totally fresh. I found the SU icon for example. How can I insure a true fresh install??

Upvote 0
Oh boy lol no you want to select backup in recovery before you wipe anything.

To ensure its a fresh install, in recovery you need to wipe cache, dalvik, data and system before you flash a rom.

You should do this before you flash any rom.

While you're typically right and a guide. This user as well as most L9 owners doesn't have an unlocked bootloader. So please be careful before you tell them to flash a rom. Make sure you know everything about a device first if you want to help.

Upvote 0
Its dalvik cache under advanced.

OK...what was a bit confusing was that you were referring to "advanced" in the recovery menus...found it and did this and the restore. My "fresh" install leaves me with my original problem which was the original dialer and contacts icons are not there. Further, dialer/contact apps installed leave me with the inability to add contacts...I DID have those apps right after flashing the rom with the recovery kdz. Barring any additional info...I may just flash again and start from scratch. One thing came from this however...I am pretty comfortable with recovery, backup, and restore. And no...Swain...I will NOT attempt to flash any other roms with the LGMS769!! :)

I'm going to wait a day or two to see if anyone else has something to offer in the way of recovering the stock dialer and contact apps

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones