1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Can't add widgets to lockscreen

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Disharmony, Dec 7, 2013.

1. Disharmony

Disharmony Newbie

I have the "Multiple Widgets" option turned on, but all the clock widget does when I try to swipe it is to do a half-assed flip and doesn't proceed any further. Even when I remove the widget the "+" sign doesn't appear and the clock widget returns after I relock it.

Can anybody please provide me with assistance on this matter?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Disharmony

Disharmony Newbie

Bump for anyone who has a solution for this little conundrum, because it's still bugging me.

3. LilianTepes

LilianTepes Well-Known Member

Is your phone lock set to swipe? If you have any other locking (PIN, pattern etc) you wont be able to use lockscreen widgets.

4. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby 100% That Guy
    VIP Member

You may have to factory reset to get that functionality back. What I do is swipe to the right with my finger on the time of the clock widget on the primary lock screen. That brings me to the screen with the + sign. Is that how you are doing it Disharmony?

5. Disharmony

Disharmony Newbie

LilianTepes: I have it set to "Swipe (no security)".

dontpanicbobby: I have tried every swiping permutation I can think of with the clock widget, but all it does is tilt a bit. I can't move to the screen with the "+" sign. And as much as possible I want to save a factory reset as a last resort.

6. paulmz

paulmz Android Expert

Old thread, but I'm having the same problem and can't fix it... Even after a factory reset and recovery cache clear and factory data wipe and reset.

I had the plus sign screen show once when I first got the phone, but I vaguely remember dragging it to the trash on accident and it never came back. All the clock does is tilt, but it does not swipe to more widgets.

Alternatively, the lock swipe DOES work for the music and Pandora widgets that show on the stock lock screen. Why does this swipe work and the multiple widgets one doesn't?

I also rooted, unrooted, and after a factory wipe I don't get the normal setup procedures as with a fresh Android. I would hate to lose the stock lock screen as WidgetLocker just used too much battery with this phone... and I really like the full-screen music and Pandora use of the stock lock screen.

Anyone have any ideas?

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 release date was September 2013. Features and Specs include a 5.7" inch screen, 13MP camera, 3GB RAM, Snapdragon 800 processor, and 3200mAh battery.

September 2013
Release Date
Reviews