1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Can't answer incoming phone calls

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Edi Lipovac, Jul 14, 2018.

1. Edi Lipovac

Edi Lipovac Lurker

Very annoying problem. Whenever I receive a call, there is no on screen notification (so I can't answer it) and it doesn't make any sound nor does it vibrate (yes, ring and notification volume are up). All I get is a message notifying that someone called. I'm using an Xperia XZ1 Compact running on Android 8.

Any solutions?

2. Shotgun84

Shotgun84 Extreme Android User

Have you tried clearing cache and data for the phone app in settings? Also is it every phone call in every location. There's a chance it could be down to coverage. Sorry it's the only things I can think of. It might be worth downloading another phone app from the playstore and see if that works.

3. svim

svim Extreme Android User

How long has this a problem? Did it just start happening recently or has it been a long-standing matter?
    Have you just restarted your phone? A lot of mystery problems are just one-off issues that get 'fixed' with a simple reboot.

4. Jfalls63

Jfalls63 Android Expert

Sounds like do not disturb mode.
    What about notifications for email or text?

Shotgun84 and svim like this.
  5. Edi Lipovac

Edi Lipovac Lurker

I tried cleaning the cache, didn't work. I have 4G coverage, don't think that's the problem.
    "don't disturb" is inactive and I receive notifications for emails and SMS messages. I started having this problem recently. And yeah, I tried restarting my phone. Could it be a SIM issue or phone related?

6. Edi Lipovac

Edi Lipovac Lurker

Forgot to mention I tried that as well, no progress

7. svim

svim Extreme Android User

That does bring up another thing to look into. Try re-seating the SIM card, or even removing it and check the little metal contacts are clean.

8. I had the same problem, fixed it by going into the phone app, press and hold the phone icon than click on the little info icon, change the notifications to on.

Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact Forum

The Sony Xperia XZ1 Compact release date was October 2017. Features and Specs include a 4.6" inch screen, 19MP camera, 4GB RAM, Snapdragon 835 processor, and 2700mAh battery.

October 2017
Release Date
Reviews