1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Can't attach xls file in email

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Mr4X4, Aug 18, 2012.

1. Mr4X4

Mr4X4 Newbie

So I fill out my time sheets every day using office suite pro in an xls format spreadsheet. I can't seem to attach it to an email however. When I click the attachment button, the only files it sees as supported are jpg files. It first asks me to choose between gallery or office suite, then after selecting office suite, and choosing the correct folder, the only files I can attach (or even see to attach) are jpg files. I have no problems attaching from my phone but would much rather be able to do them on the N7 if I can just figure out how...

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. tcat007

tcat007 Android Expert

Yeah, can't download or open zip files either... Gmail needs to improve handling of file attachments. I like the app, just hate having to use K9 to do "work stuff".

3. Mr4X4

Mr4X4 Newbie

I was hoping I was missing something and this wasn't by design... This was one of the major reasons I got this thing. Unfortunately it does me no good to have these files stuck on my tablet with no easy/convenient way to get them emailed to my boss... Disappointed to say the least....

4. UKCatFan

UKCatFan Android Expert

Install ES File Explorer and when you attach, use it from the list. You should see them then. I just checked and I could.

Mr4X4 and Daz71 like this.
  5. Mr4X4

Mr4X4 Newbie

This worked! Thank you!

6. UKCatFan

UKCatFan Android Expert

You're welcome. I am glad it worked.