• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Cant auto restore apps from market

monsterenergy22

Android Enthusiast
Nov 19, 2009
sosquad.net
Hey guys,

My boss just upgraded to the S3 and I was helping him out with the transition. However, I am having trouble with the auto restore of his apps from the Play Store. I had him remove and re add his google account but there was no tick box to restore his apps and settings from his account. The only tick box was to backup his account. Any ideas?

you get 2 tick boxes when going through the android setup wizard.

1 to allow the restore and another to allow it to backup. The only way there is to reset the phone.

That said, we dont know on his last phone if he ticked the allow to backup option, so there may not be anything to restore.
Mhmm, ok. I will have him bring in his old phone to see if that option was checked. I have always had the 2 boxes on my phone thats why I thought it was strange that he only had 1 box in the setup wizard.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones