• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can't back up after new version of Kies!

antpal

Dec 26, 2010
Germany
Hi all,
Opened Kies this morning and was given an update (to 1.3 mac OSX).
After updating I've connected my phone to do a back-up (which i do weekly), and I get a message along the lines of - A memory management problem is preventing back up.
This is of course if my phone actually manages to connect with Kies (which is rare!!)!

I've made no changes to my phone since last back up, and running 2.3.4.

Any suggestions guys?
Thanks

Do you mean put my phone into disk mode and create a new folder on my pc and drag and drop the whole lot? YES

I was trying to keep on top of back ups incase ICS comes my way soon. Obviously theres little point in backing up most things as google already does that!

Thanks Russell

Yup. The only stuff I use Kies to backup is contacts, memo, notes.... Just the small stuff. Copy and Paste for everything else. After all, its actually the same. For example, if you have root, you probably could find the contact file and just copy and paste that. (Technically speaking)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones