1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Can't back up current rom or install new one

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by BDSdino22, Feb 2, 2011.

1. BDSdino22

BDSdino22 Lurker

Hello everyone. I am new to the android world and am slowing figuring things out. I recently rooted my Motorola Milestone XT720 Firmware Version 2.1updated. That was no problem...so I think. Next I put a few awesome apps for rooted phone on my phone and am enjoying them. My next step was to explore the different ROM's out there. This is where my problem is. In my ROM Manager I first went to 'Backup Current ROM' before I did anything as far as adding a different ROM. I click on this option, then the Backup Name window comes up. I name the backup and press ok and then my phone shuts off and reboots. Doesn't show anything about the process of backing anything up. After the phone reboots I get into ROM Manager again and click on Manage and Restore Backups and the screen is empty. My backups are present. Does anyone know what is going on? Have any answers and suggestion that could help me back up and install other ROM's. In advance, thank you for your time. Hope to hear back from someone soon.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. mooginfee

mooginfee Lurker

I am having the same exact problem on my droid x. As soon as I press the backup current rom button it gives me the screen to rename the backup and when I press ok it says at the bottom that rom manager has been granted superuser permission then immediately shuts down the phone and reboots. No backing up no nothing just reboots. Thinking maybe it would make a better door stop. Somebody please help us.

Motorola Milestone Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews