• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root can't boot after root

miggawhat

Lurker
Jun 13, 2013
I used Hansoon2000's kit. I was able to unlock the bootloader and I flashed the TWRP recovery. I had superuser access with the stock rom.

I wanted to flash a new rom and I downloaded one called "NIGHTLY fireball" and "viper LTE." I placed both files on the root of my sd card, without renaming. I can go into recovery and go through the install process successfully.

But when I try to reboot, after clearing cache, it just sits at the HTC screen. I can go back into recovery and sideload things fine. I reinstalled the roms a few times and will says "successful" every time. Just won't boot with any of them.

I went back and made sure these roms were for my phone. Any insight would be appreciated. Thanks.

P.S.
I downloaded the ph85img.zip file. I understand this is to revert back to original settings, if I have to? Hope not to, but it's there... Took about 4 hours to finally figure out how to root. Suck.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones