• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root cant boot into recovery [start + home]

You're booting into recovery all right, it just sounds like you haven't got a custom recovery menu yet. They have to be flashed just like a custom ROM would.

Download ROM Manager from the market, it can install a recovery menu for you. It's not the best one (amon ra is the best), but it's very easy to install on the official 2.1 firmware.

Upvote 0
thanks a lot, helped...
Running froyd 1.4.3 and its very pleasing, but I cant access the market and when i try to download some fix (i guess it is the market) via villainrom updater it fails....any idea?

EDIT: i only get to the terms of service page....

EDIT2: i guess its something with root access since i get to android figure with a yellow triangle and "!".... and i cant access market to download rom manager....any ideas? :D

Upvote 0
thanks a lot, helped...
Running froyd 1.4.3 and its very pleasing, but I cant access the market and when i try to download some fix (i guess it is the market) via villainrom updater it fails....any idea?

Which recovery you installed via the ROM manager? (Clockworkmod or Amon Ra?)

The market has trouble. You need to cancel and download and cancel and etc .. Some say after 20 times it works.... Me usually 3 or 4 attempts.

Where you see the triangle?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones