1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Can't browse to site with invalid certificate

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Canefan, Dec 25, 2009.

1. Canefan

Canefan Active Member

Dec 11, 2009
    I've started one thread about this already, but the thread got hijacked by people posting general wifi connectivity issues so I thought that I'd start a new thread now that I've narrowed down what the issue is.

I work in a hospital that has a public wifi network that requires you to accept a terms and conditions page before being allowed to browse. My Droid connects to the router with no problem but when I attempt to browse and get redirected to the T&C page I get the message that the page does not exist or may have moved. When I browse with my laptop on the network (MacPro) I first get a notification that the site has an invalid (self-signed) certificate. I can then add an exception for the site and then am redirected to the T&C page.

So my question is, does anyone know of a way to add an exception for self-signed or invalid certificates so that I can use this network? BTW I tried the Dolphin browser and have the same problem. ANY help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisement

2. Canefan

Canefan Active Member

Dec 11, 2009
    Bump

Anyone???:thinking:

3. KevinT

KevinT Member

Dec 15, 2009
    I am still having the same issue. I did find out tonight that my droid will open up a website with an invalid cert after giving a warning. I have a few ideas to try tomorrow but I doubt they will work

here is the site I tested the invalid cert with

https://www.softec.st/en/Support/SoftecRootCaCertificate.html