• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can't bypass activation

BloodBlade

May 2, 2012
I just want to use this spare cellphone for recording on camera. I just bought a new sd card. I forgot my password and had to factory reset it. Now hands free activation kéeps popping up after every restarting. I tried removing battery for 20 second during it but it eventually came back. I can bypass it but it comes back like I said. What is the easiest solution without getting it repaired and paying which isn't worth it for me.

what does FRP stand for? this phone is indeed mine im being totally legit with u guys. i just forgot my password cause its been years since i used this cell. i factory reset it and now i have this problem. yes i can still login to my account on my computer.i just signed out and resigned in just now. what do i do now since i can do that. Looking forward to a reply.

Upvote 0
ok so far so good. i logged into gmail on my celll with my main email. i powered off. damn now its back to hands free activation. when i talked to lg by chat they said it may need a repair. i can get it repaired by them or my local store for my service carrier. idk if it will cost a lot. but is there any other workaround. i dont know why hands free activation is back cause i still am logged on my cell in my gmail account after bypassing that annoying notification. i mean i can bypass but its annoying every time. any help guys?

Upvote 0
I have access to my main Gmail account on both computer and this cell. But activation still appears. There's gotta be something else I can try I'm not committing theft. This is my phone and account. I just want to use this cell as a backup up for recording. I don't want to activate another account cause I have a separate phone that is newer and better that is activated.

Upvote 0
hi

here are two. it happens if i power off and power on. it doesnt seem to happen after pressing restart. however this is still kinda annoying. i mean if i can't bypass im assuming i can still put in a new sd card for more room for my stuff? i heard there was a app that was 99 cents that bypasses this. i dont remember the name and i assume i would need to root this cell right?

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-08-28-21-05-26.png
    Screenshot_2021-08-28-21-05-26.png
    300 KB · Views: 149
  • Screenshot_2021-08-28-21-05-39.png
    Screenshot_2021-08-28-21-05-39.png
    57.4 KB · Views: 140
Upvote 0
Is there a SIM card (not an SDcard) installed in the device?

If so, remove it.

Also, if this device is to be used solely as a camera and storage, I would advise to disable as many system apps as possible.

Android is very good at making it fairly impossible to brick a device that is not rooted, as any app that is needed for the device to function is not able to be disabled, as a general rule.

Over time, I have collected various devices that all work but are not connected to any services.

After I disable whatever I can (Settings, Apps, Show all, Show system) I then install Greenify and a firewall.
To be honest, these apps are on all my devices, including my daily driver and my gaming device.

If you go into developers options and look at running apps, you may find the specific app that is posting that toast message and then disable it or maybe even disable notifications from it.

There is also an app called Toast Source that may help you find the culprit.

https://apkpure.com/p/pl.revanmj.toastsource

Upvote 0
hi

thanks a million man! the hands free activation message doesnt appear anymore. im disabling system apps like you said. do i do that to everything i can in that list? one called android services library version 1 said "turning off this app will make it hidden on this phone. unexpected errors may occur when using other apps. turn off?" do i disable? i can put bitdefender on my other cell that has a available slot to install on another device. should i bother or should i get a free firewall? suggested firewall?

Upvote 0
Get a free firewall.
Personally, I recommend NoRoot Firewall, because it is simple and intuitive.

A much more advanced one is NetGuard.

I have both, they are small enough to have both on one device, although you can use only one at a time.

https://noroot-firewall.en.uptodown.com/android

https://f-droid.org/en/packages/eu.faircode.netguard/

As I mentioned earlier, it is difficult to find an essential app that will allow you to disable it.

Android is set up so that it is near impossible to 'break' a device by disabling apps, because the ones that have to operate are not able to be disabled.

Rooting, of course, is another thing altogether- with that you can disable ANYTHING, and therefore make a device not able to work.

That is why rooting is made difficult to do for the average user.

This device isn't worth going that route, so leave that as a last ditch effort.

So far so good with what has happened so far, right?

Try NoRoot Firewall, and see how it works.

One nice feature is the log- if the notification rears its ugly head again, open the log and see which app is trying to make contact.

You can then block that app from any internet access, and even totally block the IP address that is trying to be contacted.

This could be very usefull in case the app cannot be disabled, or if it is grouped with other apps that you do not want to block internet access completely from.

Many apps are grouped together in this way, and NoRoot makes this obvious by grouping them together right from the start, so that you will automatically know.
(NetGuard does too, but not obviously, so NoRoot is much easier to use).

Another cool thing about NoRoot is that this IP blocking feature can also be used to block ads.
Any IP you block is blocked globally, meaning that no app can link to those addresses.

Although NetGuard has a nice ad-blocker, it works in a different way.

Even if this device will be basically camera and storage, you may still want to use it on Wi-Fi for sharing these videos and pictures, and even for browsing and other online things.

Let me also add a link here for an excellent browser, that is by far the fastest and most intuitive.

I have used it and derivatives of it for years, and it really is amazing.

https://f-droid.org/en/packages/acr.browser.lightning/

You will probably want Lightning on your daily driver device as well.

Any operating questions about it, I have most of the answers, even answering questions for people on the devs page on GitHub.

Upvote 0
hi

the hands free activation seems to be done with thankfully :D! i think what did it was the removal of the sim card. do i need that again for anything? ill keep it regardless for just in case somewhere else. do i need that for when i get a new sd card by any chance?

those apps you told me to get are great. the only one i didnt install was toast source cause the hands free activation message like i said is gone it seems. i had a question about noroot firewall. in the apps section there are two boxes. how does this work? there are checks next to some. i assume those are the ones currently running. should i check everything? thats the only questions so far that i have with noroot firewall.

im using expressvpn for my vpn on this cell and my main cell. on the cells especially the one that you're helping me with do i need the vpn to run all the time even when not using the cell? on my desktop i use it only when using some torrent sites. like public trackers for example. i dont really use it on private trackers cause they're private and i have a seedbox that i think keeps it private. do you know anything about that stuff by any chance?

Upvote 0
The check boxes on NoRoot Firewall are for allowing (a checkmark) or not allowing (an 'x') internet service on Wi-Fi and/or cellular.

On that device, I would turn of access to cellular for everything, because a cellphone can still link to celltowers even without a SIM card.

(By law a phone MUST be able to make emergency calls no matter what.)

Do you pay for Express VPN?
If not, there is a free version (paid is available) of Proton VPN.

Proton is open source, which is a preferred type of app.

Also, you cannot run a VPN and NoRoot (or any other firewall of this type) at the same time.
This is because they both use the VPN section of the device, and Android allows only one app at a time to do this.

Proton VPN is pretty good, and I only use the free version so far.

https://f-droid.org/en/packages/ch.protonvpn.android/

There is also an e-mail called ProtonMail that may interest you.

https://github.com/ProtonMail/proton-mail-android/releases/download/1.13.34/ProtonMail-1.13.34.apk

Upvote 0
Do you pay for Express VPN?
If not, there is a free version (paid is available) of Proton VPN.

Proton is open source, which is a preferred type of app.

Also, you cannot run a VPN and NoRoot (or any other firewall of this type) at the same time.
This is because they both use the VPN section of the device, and Android allows only one app at a time to do this.

Proton VPN is pretty good, and I only use the free version so far.

https://f-droid.org/en/packages/ch.protonvpn.android/

There is also an e-mail called ProtonMail that may interest you.

https://github.com/ProtonMail/proton-mail-android/releases/download/1.13.34/ProtonMail-1.13.34.apk

FWIW I've been using paid Express VPN for 5 years now, and had good reliability with it here in China, and some of my friends here also use it. I also recommend Astrill VPN, also paid.

I did look at Proton VPN, but their sign-up site keeps on showing broken CAPTCHAs..

Upvote 0
FWIW I've been using paid Express VPN for 5 years now, and had good reliability with it here in China, and some of my friends here also use it. I also recommend Astrill VPN, also paid.

I did look at Proton VPN, but their sign-up site keeps on showing broken CAPTCHAs..

Well, due to possible shady aspects of Express VPN I had to find something else.

I wonder what is up with the broken captchas?
I had no problems at all.

Can you make a screen recording showing what happens?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones