• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Cant change my time and date

• Thread starter Android Question
  • Start date
A

Android Question

Well im trying to change the time on my phone because its a couple minutes off and when i went to the date & time setting its all blocked up and i want to disable the automatic date and time thing so i can change it my self

Cellphones get the time and date from the tower they're connected to, which gets its time and date from GPS satellites - which are a lot more accurate than any timepiece you've ever seen with your own eyes. So if whatever you're comparing your phone with has a different time than the phone, *IT'S* off by a couple of minutes. (The phone could be off by as much as a few microseconds, but you wouldn't be able to detect that without instruments.)

If your cellphone is off compared to some known-accurate government time source (like WWVL in the United Stated or CHU in Canada) contact your provider, because they have a HUGE problem.

Reactions: scary alien
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones