• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can't change notification ringtone

fojae

Jul 23, 2010
I always create calendar appointments with an alarm. A few days ago I went to Settings/Sound and Display/Notification Ringtone and set it to "on time". Maybe a day or two later I created my own notification ringtone and set it in settings. The ringtone works fine in Astrid and Nudnik. However, the calendar notifications still use the "on time" ringtone. I even tried changing the notification ringtone to "tweeters" but calendar still uses "on time", even after multiple reboots.

Has anyone else had this problem? Any ideas?

thanks

That was the first thing I tried, but the calendar doesn't seem to have a setting for ringtone. I assume that it is written to use the system notification ringtone. Nudnik and Astrid, on the other hand, do allow you to change the notification ringtone, and it works fine with them.

you have to change the notifications in each app. Go to the app and hit the menu button go into settings and change it there. They're all app specific. Took me forever to figure that out.

Upvote 0
you have to change the notifications in each app. Go to the app and hit the menu button go into settings and change it there. They're all app specific. Took me forever to figure that out.

Woot! Thank you very much for sharing your wisdom. I was getting ticked off from this issue as well but little did I know, it was due to my lack of knowledge of the phone :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones