1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Can't Change Ringtone?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Locker821, Jul 26, 2011.

1. Locker821

Locker821 Lurker
    None

Jul 26, 2011
    I am new to Android and have had my LG Optimus V for a few weeks. It was working fine until today when I got a text with a different ringtone than what I had chosen and it had been ringing with ever since I got it. I went into settings to change it back and found that it would not allow me to change my call or notification ringtone. The menu that would normally pull up with all of my ringtones now has "Silent" as the only option. Did I accidentally delete all of my ringtones?

Advertisement

2. varungnath

varungnath Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 13, 2011

Did you save the Ringtone on the SD? Have you checked your SD...? may be try doing a battery pull, remove the SD and restart again.

3. AndyOpie150

AndyOpie150 <strong> <a href="http://androidforums.com/optimus
    None

May 13, 2011
    Laborer (all the dirty nasty work nobody else want
    Florida
    No offense, but do you own a Optimus "V"? You really shouldn't give advice in this subforum,unless of course you own a "V". Although the P500 and the "V" are similar,there not identical. Even though this time the advice is OK and will not damage the members phone, you really should refrain from giving advice here. Unless of course you own a "V". I hope you understand the situation,and can appreciate why this is.I'm sure you would not want a "V" owner giving advice in the P500 sub forum.

4. MacFett

MacFett Android Expert
    None

Mar 28, 2011
    Male
    Worshipping Cthulhu
    Sietch Tabr
    Dude chill. He is trying to help with a minor glitch, not trying to walk through building a rom.

Have you done a reboot on the phone? My Optimus V (yes I own one AndyOpie) would randomly stop using and ringtone or vibrate until I restarted it. I had to do it once a day to every other day. It has since stopped, I'm unsure why on both cases.

Since it is showing as silent, do you have it in silent mode? Menu -> Settings -> Sound and uncheck silent mode if applicable.

5. Petrah

Petrah Psychotic Female
    None

Jun 13, 2011
    Female
    Annoying my X-Husband
    Hanover Park, IL

Have you tried the ignore feature? Works great. ;)

6. varungnath

varungnath Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 13, 2011

Was just trying to help mate... Kinda new to this forum... Din know there were restrictions like these!!!
    But i wouldn't mind a "V" owner giving advice in the P500 forum as long as it helps and doesn't brick my phone :)

Cheers

MacFett likes this.
Tags: