• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can't change SMS notification tone

jimdriver2

May 7, 2010
Got a strange problem here. I set a tone when I first got the phone (created the media/notifications folder, put my mp3 in, selected it in the menu.)

Well I added some more yesterday, went in a changed it to one of those, but it still played my old tone. So I tried deleting the old tone and leaving just the one I wanted in there - now it doesn't play anything!

Anyone got any idea what's wrong?

thanks.

Yep it's an mp3.

Seeing some odd stuff now. All appear in the notification menu, but when I look at a folder (a different one on the sd card) through the music player it only shows one of the mp3's, and one that isn't the one i've selected as a notification.

In fact I can't even see the one I had there before, and that one worked!

Edit: another odd thing is that the mp3 player isn't showing the title, album, artist info for the notification mp3's, even though they've got them. That seems like it could be related as well.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones