1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Can't charge above 88%

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by slinky, Sep 3, 2011.

1. slinky

slinky Well-Known Member

Strange problem - unrooted phone and after a factory reset, the Thunderbolt still cannot charge beyond 88%. The extended battery also seems to run out rather quickly too. I've charged the phone straight for 24 hours and that's the limit. Been going on since some time after the last update.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic

Call VZW and get a warranty replacement. Another guy had the same issue in the rooted section and was able to get a replacement from VZW.

3. Roush

Roush Newbie

My phone just started doing this today!!! I thought it might have something to do with GB RUU I installed. I don't know though, my phone has just been acting really strange. I can't launch my camera at all, and sometimes my music plays by itself!

4. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic

There is a reason that RUU wasn't released as the update, seeing as you are not rooted you need to be very cautious with what you decide to flash.

5. Roush

Roush Newbie

I found out my problem was actually a bad charging chord. Check your cord to see if it's fringing.

HTC Thunderbolt Forum

The HTC Thunderbolt release date was March 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1400mAh battery.

March 2011
Release Date
Reviews