• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root can't connect gtab to Dinc with tether wifi

killerb777

Sep 23, 2010
I've got a rooted Gtab and I'm trying to connect to my Dinc rooted with SR4. I'm using the tether app in skyraider and when I connect to it from the gtab it says connected on both the gtab and dinc but I can't connect to the internet, market, etc.. Wierd thing is I know the tether works because I was able to connect my laptop to it at home. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

tether app: enabled wifi encryption and access control

added: its also a sprint gtab but setup wifi only.

Do a search for the supplicant.wpa file that you need to replace in your system/bin folder. I did that last week, and it works fine. Actually, the current supplicant.wpa file prevents connection to an ad hoc network of any kind, and my original needs was for the Tab to connect to an Eye Fi card...so I hunted down the instructions. It's not hard, but you will need to use a root explorer program (unless you already have one).

Upvote 0
I'm new to inter-acting with this forum stuff but have used it to help me with android issues. I have a similar issue. I have a rooted Droid X with wireless tether app. My WiFi only Galaxy Tab connects with it fine after switching the supplicant.wpa file and putting ZT-180 ad-hoc switcher on my tab. However my Sprint Galaxy tab only using WiFi will not let me download the supplicant.wpa file. I have searched all over for answers and am stuck. Please help. Thanks

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones