• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can't connect miracast

Screenshot_2017-04-16-01-24-51.png
Hello, just checking but you do know that Nougat has replaced Miracast with the Screen Sharing feature don't you? When you drop the notification shade & then expand the settings you'll see Screen Sharing & File Sharing at the bottom of the expanded box of switches -see my screencap above. Click on "Screen Sharing" & it will attempt to search for & link with all your previously Miracast-linked devices! You might need to do a tiny bit of tinkering but i didn't have to do a thing which honestly shocked me because all my toys & devices are ancient - but my new LG V20 found them with one click! So i hope this works for you, good luck!

Upvote 0
Nope, if you didn't find the "Screen Sharing" to the left of "File Sharing" under the box of system switches when you drop down the notification bar & then expand the top bar with the wifi, data, sync, location, & bluetooth switches & brightness slider (like in the screen capture i included & will include again), then you did not find the right feature. Smart view is not the same as Nougat's Screen Sharing, formerly Miracast, & if your phone does not have this then they have neutered Nougat by placing their own UI over it & replacing core functions with versions of their own. What type of phone do you have? Without knowing what phone you have & what device or devices you are trying to pair it with i'm not going to be able to figure out what to do. (In the 2nd screencap you'll see "Dungeon Roku3" in orange to the right of "File sharing" in white because i'm currently casting to or sharing with my roku.)
Screenshot_2017-04-16-02-36-23.png
Screenshot_2017-04-16-02-36-15.png

Upvote 0
Nope, if you didn't find the "Screen Sharing" to the left of "File Sharing" under the box of system switches when you drop down the notification bar & then expand the top bar with the wifi, data, sync, location, & bluetooth switches & brightness slider (like in the screen capture i included & will include again), then you did not find the right feature. Smart view is not the same as Nougat's Screen Sharing, formerly Miracast, & if your phone does not have this then they have neutered Nougat by placing their own UI over it & replacing core functions with versions of their own. What type of phone do you have? Without knowing what phone you have & what device or devices you are trying to pair it with i'm not going to be able to figure out what to do. (In the 2nd screencap you'll see "Dungeon Roku3" in orange to the right of "File sharing" in white because i'm currently casting to or sharing with my roku.)

The phone is a Samsung Note 5. I expanded the notification bar and didn't find anything resembling screen cast except for that "Smart View" which has the exact same icon as the "Screen Sharing" in your screenshot.

Screenshot_20170416-121515.jpg

----------------------
Screenshot_20170416-121622.jpg

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones