1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Can't connect my S3 to PC with USB!!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by plnelson, Jun 29, 2013.

1. plnelson

plnelson Well-Known Member

Lenovo Thinkstation, Win 7 Pro. Android 4.1.2. Kies 2.5.3.13052_10 with the latest updates. USB debugging is turned OFF (I'm just trying to transfer files)

When I connect the USB cable to the PC the S3 dings and the charging lightning bolt comes on but nothing happens on the PC side. I've tried 2 different USB cables including the one that came with it. Kies says "Please connect a device"

I've seen people complain about PC connection problems with the S3 all over the web, along with all kinds of bizarre folk-remedies! Why does Samsung make this so hard? I have literally dozens of other USB devices that work as soon as I plug them in - scanners, digitizers, printers, harddrives, video-cameras, iPods, DSLR's, other brands of (non-Samsung) cellphones, Asus tablet, cardreaders, encryption devices, etc, ONLY THE S3 IS A PROBLEM.

Help!

(thanks in advance)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Shotgun84

Shotgun84 Extreme Android User

Try pulling down your notification bar when attached to your pc and change to ptp and then back to mtp.

3. rayhipkiss

rayhipkiss Android Enthusiast

You can also try connecting to a different USB port, preferably one on the back of the PC.

4. plnelson

plnelson Well-Known Member

When I pull down the notification bar I don't see any settings for PTP (Picture Transfer Protocol) or MTP (Media Transfer Protocol). Regardless of whether USB is plugged in, what USB cable I use, or where the cable is plugged in on the PC.

5. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;)

Try reinstalling kies or at least just the samsung drivers :thumbup:

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews