1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Can't connect phone to pc?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Lita Snow, Aug 25, 2017.

1. Lita Snow

Lita Snow Lurker
    None

Aug 25, 2017
    I used to have no problem connecting my phone to my laptop to transfer photos and music, but recently I cannot get my phone to connect for that at all. It will charge when plugged into the USB port with a charger cable, but I can't do anything else with it. I have it unlocked, and I open the notifications scroll down like I'm supposed to, but the USB connection options button never appears. I've tried three different cables and all four USB ports on my computer but none of them have worked. My computer doesn't make the recognition sound at all yet it still charges without issue. But given that, I can't tell if it's the computer or the phone that has a problem. It's very frustrating though, I have a lot of new music I want to add but my phone won't connect.

Advertisement

2. Xavier Black

Xavier Black Android Enthusiast

Sep 21, 2015
    Male
    I have the solution for you, Dear..I had the same problem out of the blue about two months ago..get this..problem solved..

Let me know..

Attached Files:

3. Lita Snow

Lita Snow Lurker
    None

Aug 25, 2017
    So is this a file I download on my phone? I tried to download it on the browser on my phone but nothing happens when I tap on it. I must be doing something wrong...

4. Lita Snow

Lita Snow Lurker
    None

Aug 25, 2017
    Never mind, I figured it out.

5. Lita Snow

Lita Snow Lurker
    None

Aug 25, 2017
    Okay, so I tried to use the program, but it didn't work. I attached my phone and enabled USB debugging like it told me, and when I went to then use the USB Settings button provided, it took me to picture 1.
    Screenshot_20170826-004912.png
    So then I went into developer options like it instructs and scrolled down to find the Select USB Configuration, leading to picture 2.
    Screenshot_20170826-004938.png
    But even though I choose Media Transfer Protocol, nothing changes. My phone still won't connect to my pc.

6. Lita Snow

Lita Snow Lurker
    None

Aug 25, 2017
    I take it back! After restarting my phone, it's finally working. Your program has saved me! Thank you so much!