1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Can't connect Samsung Epic to Logitech Z515 Speaker

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by shipsman, May 29, 2011.

1. shipsman

shipsman Lurker
    None

May 29, 2011
    I have just purchased a Logitech Z515 speaker that allows bluetooth devices to connect to it and stream music. I have successfully played music via bluetooth with both an iTouch and my Dell XPS laptop.

My Samsung Epic recognizes the device and has successfully paired with the Z515. However, everytime I play music it plays from the handset and not the speaker. Each time I put the speaker in connect mode (hold down both volume + and volume - buttons) and touch the device name on the samsung epic (in bluetooth menu) it says connecting.... and eventually stops and just says paired. Then when I play music (pandora app usually) it comes from the handset not the speakers.

Is there something else I need to set on the phone?

Advertisement

2. shipsman

shipsman Lurker
    None

May 29, 2011
    1. Navigated to Settings\Wireless and Network\Bluetooth Settings and touched the Z515 devices listed under devices. This brings up a menu with Connect;UnPair;Options; as choices. I chose to Unpair. I then went throughte steps of pairing the device again.

2. Once re-paired, I touched the Z515 devices listed under devices and this time chose options fromthe popup menu. I made sure the Media checkbox was selected and then chose connect.

3. Turned on Pandor and music was now playing through my Logitech Z515 speaker.