1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Cant connect the HD to PC as a disk drive

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by irishbogman, Sep 4, 2011.

1. irishbogman

irishbogman Newbie

No idea why, used to be able to, running android 2.3.3 and Windows 7 on the PC, tried on the laptop with runs XP pro and same result, have an Orange San Francisco (Zte Blade, android 2.1) and in the same situation, only change ive done is installed Outpost Security Post Pro on the PC, disabled its firewall and still no good, laptop has Microsoft security essentials and by the way I tried a few different leads to no avail, ive ticked the "Ask me about USB connection" box also, nothing works, any ideas please................Charles

Forgot to say the phone is not modded in any way

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. irishbogman

irishbogman Newbie

Sorted, found another lead and it works perfectly, weird, it seems some leads are suitable for charging only, others are multi functional, thanks for looking...Charles

3. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate!
    VIP Member

From my limited knowledge of that sort of thing, charging uses 2 pins at the end of the cable, and data uses 4 so if 1 of the data pins is damaged, it will only charge.

HTC Desire HD Forum

The HTC Desire HD release date was October 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1230mAh battery.

October 2010
Release Date
Reviews