1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Can't Connect To 3G!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Robotic18, Sep 14, 2011.

1. Robotic18

Robotic18 Lurker
    None

Sep 11, 2011
    For the past week I have been very frustrated with my Evo.I have not been able to connect to 3g at all.I live in the Austin,Texas area so I get 4-5 bars of 3g and 4g.But lately I have only been able to connect to 4g and wifi(I uploaded this from my Evo on 4g).The reason I want to connect to 3g is because 4g kills your battery life.I'm very annoyed and probably will be taking my phone back soon.I have tried everythinh,but I still don''t get the 3G in the status bar,I only get the bars.Then when I go to a website a network connection error appears,as soon as I switch to 4g or wifi I don't have this problem.Please Help!

Advertisement

2. toro5702

toro5702 Lurker
    None

Oct 31, 2011
    Robotic18,

Wondering if you were able to get your phone to connect to 3G. I am having the same issue with my wife's EVO. We both have EVOs and mine connects just fine to 3G, hers not at all.

I rooted both of our EVOs. I did notice that hers is running a different radio, not sure what her's is (I'll update later, don't have her phone in front of me) but mine has radio 2.15.00.11.19. She's been having a very slow connectivity problem for a while now. We are both running MikG 2.55 ROM. I updated her PRL and Profile through system updates in setting. My has the 3G icon on and hers stays with the 1X icon. I'm wondering if flashing her radio only to a newer updated one or flashing the radio/PRL/Wimax combo update would help.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

What's weird is that I am also in the Austin area. Not really in Austin but just northwest in Lago Vista (about 15 miles out). I have no issues with mine though.

Tags: