• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can't connect to 4g internet on Samsung Infuse

Hey all,

I recently purchased a Samsung Infuse on Amazon because my Captivate died after being a little over a year old and AT&T wouldn't help out. The Infuse since I bought it has never connected to the 4g network on its own and only the WiFi actually works. I have the 4g sim card in it and the Packet Data is checked off. I brought it to the AT&T store and they again were reluctant to help because I had to buy the phone from Amazon rather than shell out their kind of money. The guy at the store suggested a factory reset, I'll probably lose the unlock but it doesn't bother me because it is an AT&T phone anyways. I'll appreciate any help, thank you!

I recently purchased a Samsung Infuse on Amazon because my Captivate died after being a little over a year old and AT&T wouldn't help out. The Infuse since I bought it has never connected to the 4g network on its own and only the WiFi actually works. I have the 4g sim card in it and the Packet Data is checked off. I brought it to the AT&T store and they again were reluctant to help because I had to buy the phone from Amazon rather than shell out their kind of money.
Are you basing this on the fact you don't see the 4g icon in the status bar? If so, that's normal. Even though the Infuse has a 4G icon, you'll never see it on the AT&T network because they don't have true 4G. AT&T's network is HSPA+, so you'll see an H+ icon with an up & down arrow to indicate when uploading or downloading data (like in the pic below).
ATT-Announces-Samsung-Infuse-4G.jpg

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones