• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Can't connect to Bluetooth on Laptop

sgx100

Android Enthusiast
Mar 18, 2010
New Delhi, India
hi ppl,

having a strange problem here. the phone is unable to connect to Bluetooth on the laptop. it's paired but still refuses to connect. also the phone is also not shown as a modem on the device manager. Any idea where I can find modem drivers for the phone. I tried NPS and KIES but they both fail to find the device and do not install the modem drivers.

Having a horrid time. Any help guys.

I don't think you can. Bluetooth is basically just there for connecting to bluetooth headsets.

Oh really didnt have that clue...How the heck is it not supposed to connect to a laptop/computer? Really strange Man.

It will work on GAOSP Froyo. So, we're waiting for Drakaz to solve the issue, but the priority is not high for it yet. There are much more things to solve which have higher priorities. Be patient.

I agree lots of priority issues. But these are rudimentary features. How on earth can a phone not connect to a computer? Well hope the issue is fixed up sometime soon.

Well also Drakaz twittered that the Beta 3 release is pushed by 2-3 weeks. So now we can anticipate the Beta 3 somewhere around the 3rd week of September.

Anyways guys thanks for your replies. Was spending all the time on earth doing something which is technically not possible now.

But even when I connect the phone using NPS/KIES its not getting detected. Any idea how I can dial EDGE connection from the phone. Any work arounds ?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones