1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Can't connect to computer anymore

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by elgibby, Feb 5, 2011.

1. elgibby

elgibby Member

Just tried to connect my Vibrant to my PC for the first time since the Froyo/Kies update. Nothing happens.

I've tried with and without debugging, I've rebooted the phone and the PC.

I'm running Vista.

Any ideas? (This figures, I had planned to finally root/ROM my phone tomorrow.)

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra=

Hello, elgibby.

We're seeing this across many different Android devices that have received some sort of update, especially one involving an upgrade in the OS itself such as 2.1 to 2.2.

Some users are finding that a fresh installation of the device drivers on the computer being used will remedy the issue. You can do a search under "samsung vibrant drivers" for your computer (Windows, Linux, Mac).. here is one old link I have:

Samsung

Good luck.. post back how it's going.

elgibby likes this.
  3. elgibby

elgibby Member

Thanks, I've DL'd the drivers, but now I have to find the old ones and uninstall them. No idea where those drivers live, tho.

I've got other problems, too. Phone won't read external SD anymore, I guess I have to reformat it and start from scratch; it's a 32gb. Phone WILL recognize the original Samsung SD card.

Also I'm getting memory full notice; I killed all call log and message data and uninstalled several apps; phone reports plenty of space, but I'm still getting the memory full alert -- could that be referencing the SC card it can't read?

barry

4. elgibby

elgibby Member

I uninstalled the old driver, reinstalled the Sammy drivers and ... nothing. Connect, nothing.

Now what?

Samsung Vibrant Forum

The Samsung Vibrant release date was August 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Hummingbird processor, and 1500mAh battery.

August 2010
Release Date
Reviews