• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can't Connect to Exchange Account

lomingo10

Lurker
Oct 15, 2013
Hi, All.

I just purchased a Samsung Galaxy S4. I cannot connect to my work email/exchange account. I have followed the instructions of my IT group and all of the advice I've found online. I am concerned that there is something either wrong with the phone or that there is a security setting that needs changed to allow me to connect. I am not able to "Accept all SSL certificates" because this is not an option offered in the setup process. I am able to "Use secure connection" (SSL) but the next option is to "Use client certificate" and then I get a message telling me that the server requires a protocol version not supported by Email. I am not very technically savvy so any help will be appreciated.

All the best!

Is your phone locked with password or pin ?

Some exchange policies require certain security settings on the phone in order to connect remotely, such as password or pin lock of the phone. Best bet, without knowing your server details myself, is maybe asking a colleague who got it setup and compare settings.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones