• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can't connect to facebook, but can connect to Facebook for HTC Sense.

Mina. :)

Lurker
Apr 4, 2010
Hi! I have the HTC Droid Eris. Before the 2.1 update, I just had Facebook sync, but afterwards, it was synced with Facebook for HTC Sense. My problem is that it won't let me sync with just Facebook.
I still want my contacts to sync with my phone, because I like the facebook pictures on there. Personally, I like Facebook sync better, because I don't like having all my Facebook contacts on my phone, because the numbers show up twice (number that I have on my phone plus the number that my friends have on facebook).
To prevent that from happening, I would rather have my phone connected to Facebook only and not Facebook for HTC Sense.
I thought I could do it, but it won't let me even click on Facebook--like, nothing pops up or anything.
I wasn't sure if it was my phone, so I took my dad's Eris and tried to do the same, it works fine on his phone, but I can't get mine to do sync with facebook whatsoever. Thank you very much.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones