1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Can't Connect to Internet for Speed Connections

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by gator3384, Jan 30, 2014.

1. gator3384

gator3384 Lurker
    None

Jan 30, 2014
    Hello,

I'm experiencing a problem when trying to access my companies wi-fi, even the guest. I am getting an error that states "Network disabled because internet connection is slow." Now I'm not the brightest crayon in the box, but there is no way that the tablet itself is requiring more speed than what my company has, right? I have no clue how to run tests or whatever on my tablet, so I will tell you I have no clue what the speed is. But please help.

Thanks

Advertisement

2. Rukbat

Rukbat Android Expert
    None

Jan 16, 2012
    Male
    Being retired and writing Tasker tasks.
    Fayetteville, NC, USA
    Even assuming that the company is still using a 2001 B-type router, 11mbps is more than the phone is looking for.

Install Wifi Analytics and look at the signals where you're getting the problem. There could be another signal on the same channel causing enough interference that your company's wifi is unusable. (I had exactly that problem at one job - put the phone up on a high shelf and it worked fine. Useless for practical purposes, but it worked.)

3. gator3384

gator3384 Lurker
    None

Jan 30, 2014
    Just out of curiosity, will that work on the tablet? The problem that I am experiencing is on our Samsung 10.1 Tablet. My phone will connect right up with the wi-fi, as will my office mates Ipad and phone. I'll be happy to download that app though and see what information I get back. Thank you for your help. Sorry if my problem isn't completely clear. I have a tendency to be vague in my writing.

4. Petrah

Petrah Psychotic Female
    None

Jun 13, 2011
    Female
    Annoying my X-Husband
    Hanover Park, IL
    Sometimes changing the channel on the router will allow a new connection.

5. gator3384

gator3384 Lurker
    None

Jan 30, 2014
    Although I wish that I could try that, I don't have access to the agency's router...thanks though.