1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Can't connect to local network

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Ko63ap, Oct 15, 2013.

1. Ko63ap

Ko63ap Lurker
    None

Oct 15, 2013
    I picked up the new Note a few days ago. I had no problem finding and connecting to networks where I was staying as well as around town and at airports.

Upon arriving home I found I couldn't connect to my home wifi network. I added the network manually (SSID not broadcast). The network was added but was labelled as "out of range". I changed my router settings (Linksys WAG320N), network is listed but "out of range". I currently have two other wireless devices connected to the network without a problem (including a Win8 laptop connected for the first time along with the Note attempt).

TIA

Advertisement

2. Rukbat

Rukbat Android Expert
    None

Jan 16, 2012
    Male
    Being retired and writing Tasker tasks.
    Fayetteville, NC, USA
    Out of range means that the phone isn't seeing that SSID on the air. The most likely cause is a typo on your part.

3. Ko63ap

Ko63ap Lurker
    None

Oct 15, 2013
    No, not a typo.

This evening I tried shutting down all my wifi devices, rebooting the route (again) then trying to connect the tablet. No luck.

Next a did a factory reset on the tablet (saw a reference to this online). No luck.

Finally, a friend suggested changing the channel in my router settings. Problem solved!