• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Cant connect to my computer

evileeyore

Lurker
Jul 10, 2011
Ok here is the situation, i use my phone as a usb drive of sorts to get info from one pc to the other. only all the sudden one day about a week ago i plug my phone into my computer and nothign comes up on my computer, no you have connected device what do you want to do with it screen, nothing in device manager, nothing. the battery icon on the phone changes to the charging icon so it is getting power.

HTC Incredible

Windows 7 (64-bit)

Same cable that came with the phone and worked just fine in the past.

thanks in advance for any help.

Ok here is the situation, i use my phone as a usb drive of sorts to get info from one pc to the other. only all the sudden one day about a week ago i plug my phone into my computer and nothign comes up on my computer, no you have connected device what do you want to do with it screen, nothing in device manager, nothing. the battery icon on the phone changes to the charging icon so it is getting power.

HTC Incredible

Windows 7 (64-bit)

Same cable that came with the phone and worked just fine in the past.

thanks in advance for any help.

Did you check options when plugged in as you have option to mount etc.?

Upvote 0
I have never got a mount option on the incredible, it just used to say, "you have connected your phone to a computer what do you want to do?", and it would have four options: charge only, Use as mass storage device, local area broadband(something like that), and one more. Nothing changes but the charge icon, its basically just like i am plugging it into the wall jack.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones