• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help can't connect to the camera

rushi1

Oct 14, 2016
Yesterday I replace the charging flex of handset and then I found my camera and flash light not working.

Before both are working fine.
Now it shows error
" can't connect to the the camera please make sure to close other apps that may use camera or flashlight "

I search for this error on internet found little
Clear your camera cache data enable disabled app force stop in your app setting option.
But I search in setting apps every were but did not found this camera app.
Can anyone tale me where is this camera app present in all apps in setting.
Which is the application logo of this camera.
I found only flashlight logo in apps.
How I get my camera and flashlight working again from this error message.

Attachments

• 2017_08_08_01_38_10.png
    2017_08_08_01_38_10.png
    50.6 KB · Views: 1,166
I also think so it's hardware issue
Is is possible to do jumper to solve this.

And but before doing this I want to reset my camera like clearing cache data force stop app enable disable but no camera icon found in all apps.
Will you tale me where is this camera app in setting> all apps.

Upvote 0
I don't think an app will help. Your camera (and flash) are not getting initialized which means Android can't find them at boot. The fact that Android is warning you about another app using the camera is a red herring. That's just a generic message when the camera is not available. For 90% of users who haven't opened the hardware, it would be an app conflict. You don't have one.

Reactions: Dannydet
Upvote 0
Then any solution to do jumper

And
Also android optimization problems present. It takes more than 2 hours and then Android starting screen for more than half hour.
Is this occur due to changing flex..

Attachments

• 20170630144412.JPG
    20170630144412.JPG
    314.8 KB · Views: 142
  • 20170807191721.JPG
    20170807191721.JPG
    106.5 KB · Views: 141
  • 20170807230616.JPG
    20170807230616.JPG
    156.9 KB · Views: 170
Upvote 0
Can't be sure, but I would suspect there's a problem with the installation. While the optimization and starting Android does take a while after a factory reset (it's gong to recompile all your installed apps) it shouldn't take that long. That old flex connector looks pretty gnarly. Why did you replace it in the first place? It looks like it was subjected to excessive current.

Upvote 0
Old flex charging female connector broken not possible to solder again in flex so I replace new flex.

And this android starting or optimization never happen before even after after formatting my phone just quick start.

now with the new update optimizing issue solved.
but camera issue is still present.
i try formatting then removing battery but problem is still prrsent.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones