• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can't connect to WiFi

PRkid

Android Enthusiast
Jun 16, 2011
Bronx, NY
So I no longer use the Huawei Ascend phone.. There is no service on it. Unless I connect through WiFi.. But, its not letting me do it. I try to connect through MetroPCS Easy Wifi. I go to turn the WiFi option on, but nothing happens. No hotspots are loading up, at all. I can see that I click on the "turn on" option, but it doesnt even check the box.. What is going on? (the phone is on stock 2.1, no root or nothing)

So I no longer use the Huawei Ascend phone.. There is no service on it. Unless I connect through WiFi.. But, its not letting me do it. I try to connect through MetroPCS Easy Wifi. I go to turn the WiFi option on, but nothing happens. No hotspots are loading up, at all. I can see that I click on the "turn on" option, but it doesnt even check the box.. What is going on? (the phone is on stock 2.1, no root or nothing)

Skip the METRO PCS EASY WI-FI & just go to MENU>SETTINGS>WIRELESS & NETWORKS.
Turn on WI-FI>WI-FI SETTINGS>MENU>SCAN & select the WI-FI spot that you're trying to connect to.

Upvote 0
Skip the METRO PCS EASY WI-FI & just go to MENU>SETTINGS>WIRELESS & NETWORKS.
Turn on WI-FI>WI-FI SETTINGS>MENU>SCAN & select the WI-FI spot that you're trying to connect to.

I tried doing that too, once I couldn't get on through MetroPCS wifi. As for the "Scan" part, its there, if I hit the menu key, but its not clickable, for some reason. I can see it, but its not bold. The word "scan", is invincible, almost :/

Upvote 0
If you are within WI-FI range @ home,you may need to re-set your router.Otherwise,I don't know why the SCAN button would be 'grayed out'.
If you're @ a public WI-FI spot,such as STARBUCKS,open up your browser & click the box agreeing to the 'Terms of use' & then attempt to use WI-FI.
Otherwise,I'm at a loss as to why you cannot connect to WI-FI.Anyone out there w/suggestions,feel free to chime in.

Upvote 0
I figured it out. The problem started when I downloaded Wireless Tether, from the Market.. But I had it on my phone before, and was like "This can't be the problem".. So I decided to uninstall Wireless Tether, to see if it helped, and it actually did o_O. For some reason, that app, wasn't letting me get on WiFi. Kinda strange. Thanks for the response tho :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones