• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can't connect to wifi

*I hope I'm in the right part of the forum..

I just recently purchased my tablet (yesterday, not even 24 hrs old yet) and I'm having wifi connection problems. When I brought it home, I connected my dlink router and tablet found it no problem. Everything was working great. (should also point out that I also got an iPhone and it was connected and working w/ no problem either)

Today I brought my tablet out to my mom's to show her (she has no wifi so I couldn't check to see if it would work there). When I got back home to use it, I noticed I had no internet connection. So I unplugged the router from the power source for 20 secs, plugged it back in and they both connected. Then realized SSID was spelled wrong so I went into 198.168.0.1 settings and corrected it. When I saved the settings, router restarted automatically. When it was done, my computer is connected and working fine, wifi is ok.. But now tablet and iPhone are not connecting at all. Even when I put in password it searches, authenticates then goes back to password screen. After 3x time of doing this, wifi connection in tablet settings says disabled. So I try again but I'm still not having any luck. I'm really hoping someone can help me..

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones