1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Can't connect to wifi

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by twilighter, Jun 24, 2013.

1. twilighter

twilighter Well-Known Member

I keep trying to connect to wifi. I used to be able to without a problem until about a month ago. When I attempt to connect to wifi anywhere, it says "authentication error occurred". Can anyone help? I'm not rooted. My phone is updated and current.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra=

Try going into the wifi configuration area, where the list of detected/available networks are, and tap your desired network, then tap "forget."

Next power down and back up, then set up the network again. This often remedies that issue.

3. bhero

bhero Android Enthusiast

Look in the list of WiFi networks when you want to connect...if you don't already.

Make sure the network does not have a lock on it. If it has a lock is it one you have connected to in the past? Remove the network and reconnect with the password entered carefully. Or maybe password was changed or the settings on router changed like channel frequency etc.

Troubleshooting connection issues require much information, there are so many things. Use my list suggestion to get started. Watch when you can't connect

4. racer12306

racer12306 Member

I was having some trouble getting my phone to obtain an IP address on my home router. Then I got sick of it an reserved an IP on the router for it and set it to a static IP on the phone. Haven't had a single problem since.

5. twilighter

twilighter Well-Known Member

Thanks everyone. I will try your suggestions and see what happens.

Samsung Galaxy Note 2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 2 release date was September 2012. Features and Specs include a 5.5" inch screen, 8MP camera, 2GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 3100mAh battery.

September 2012
Release Date
Reviews