• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Can't copy/paste from an email?

eraser

Oct 9, 2009
I forgot my password to this very site, so I reset it from my droid.

A couple of seconds later I receive an email with my temporary password, I try to copy it to paste it into the login window in the browser and ...

I find myself at a loss on how to copy text from an email.

I google around and find this: How do you copy/paste text from the Gmail app? - Android Community Forums

It says it is not possible? :thinking: (the provided workaround does not work)

This is a major bummer, I've been doing this on my old BlackBerry for years.

Too bad it's usually impossible to be accurate with copying this way as your finger covers the text you are copying and you don't get anything like the iPhone magnifying glass.

Btw, another way to paste is just long press on a text input area and tap paste.

So, just zoom in before you copy.

...however, here's a question -- if you want to copy a block of data and the darn screen keeps scrolling...how do you stop that?

Upvote 0
"copy paste it" will copy paste from anywhere on your phone

It copies text from any screen/app.

It requires a rooted phone

I tried Copy Paste It and it works great. Thanks for the tip!

However, I am new to android and am shocked that this functionality is not built-in to the OS already, unlike in every smartphone I have owned in the last 5 years. Haven't we been making fun of iphones for years for not having copy/paste? Then again, I just discovered I stepped back 10 years in bluetooth technology when I bought a 2.1 phone, so I should not have been surprised.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones