1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

General Cant decide, Can you guys help me with some questions on the G1?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Deathshead, Oct 29, 2008.

1. Deathshead

Deathshead Well-Known Member

Oct 29, 2008
    Hi everyone, New guy here,. So, everyone i work with have Iphones,. they are cool, the interface, the apps, etc..

I Cant decide on the T-mobile G1 or the iphone,

the thing that really attracts me about the Iphone are the following,..

the music oriented apps, like

you can play a virtual piano,BASS<--i Play bass and guitar, synths, you name it..

MULTITOUCH!

And lastly GAMES.

Heres my next Dilemma.. SERVICE. I live up in the Poconos of PA and both T-mobile and ATT service is pretty bad,. at my home, I can only Roam even on my Verizon phone,. What I was thinking i could do is use a VOIP app to make calls from my house.

Monthly Plans.

Who is cheaper If I bought 1 phone for my Wife and 1 for me, with a "family plan"?
    the Iphone will run me like $150 bucks a month for 2 phones im hearing! YIKES!

Thats about it, I love the looks of the G1, its just my style, I like the Trackball, keyboard, etc..

the apps WILL catch up, But will they surpass the quality and usefullness of the iphone?:

thanks for your help.

Advertisement

2. Yaedien

Yaedien New Member

Oct 27, 2008
    To me, G1 is handsdown going to be a better phone, but thats my opinion :p

G1 does have wireless so you won't use minutes from my knowledge being around a wireless device as even t-mobile sells wireless routers for this, not sure if you have to have there routers or not.

App's, Well the app's are being released on a daily basis so we will be seeing a ton of new app's over the next month or so that will change alot of our opinions.

Multitouch, the phone can support it, the O/S can support it, its just not activated due to Apple.

Camera on the G1 is waaay better than the iPhone, a few guys here at the office have one and i've compared them side by side.

iPhone does have more app's out, but its been out for a while and is already in its second generation of phones. So you take that how you want to :)

3. kennyizcool

kennyizcool New Member

Oct 29, 2008
    G1 is cheaper per month than an iPhone.

I was paying just about $160 after taxes. Now with the G1 I will be paying about $90 after taxes.

That was a BIG selling point for me.

Just my 2cents :p

4. Deathshead

Oct 29, 2008
    thats a HUGE selling point with the wife, she heard like $160 a month for 2 iphones and said no way..

what plan do you have do your paying $90 a month on? thats a sweet plan!!

I currently have a pre-paid verizon and she has a pre-paid boost phone.
    we really dont use too many minutes but we are still getting ripped off bigtime..

i was in traffic the other day for 15 minutes, in 1 spot, there was a Left hand turn i could of made, to go around the traffic, but i didnt know where the road went.. I was like Damm, if i only had a Iphone or a G1 to find me on the map and show me where that road went...

5. Yaedien

Yaedien New Member

Oct 27, 2008
    I am not even paying 90 a month for my phone.

I have the 300min unlimited nights/weekends with fav5 and unlimited data plan. I don't talk a whole bunch during the day, and when i am around wireless constantly so hopefully i'll be fine :)

6. Deathshead

Oct 29, 2008
    I dont have Tmobile coverage at my home, will i be able to make calls via WIFI with the G1?

7. FlyerG

FlyerG Active Member

Oct 15, 2008
    Well I have been a TMO customer and have 1000mins/unlimited nights and weekends and the $25 data plan all for a measily $65 plus taxes.

8. pestilence

pestilence Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2008
    I haven't used it, but there's already a skype app for the g1 in the app store

Tags: