1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Can't delete anything from my HTC Desire 825's micro SD Card! No storage space!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by RoryNG, Oct 7, 2018.

1. RoryNG

RoryNG Lurker

Android HTC Desire , Sandisk Micro SD Card

After downloading episodes through the Netflix app my phone and SD card ran out of storage. (14/16 GB Phone, 28.9/29.2 SD Card)
    I tried to delete the downloads through the Netflix app but I could not access my downloads, as the feature isn't available if you have no storage space.
    I used the Netflix website to delete my downloads remotely. They still took up space.
    I cleared the app's cache and uninstalled the app, to no avail. I plugged my phone into my computer by USB to delete the downloads using file explorer.
    I found them and deleted them, but they still took up space.
    I called Netflix's support but according to them I had no downloads on my phone anymore.

After this I tried deleting other things from my phone like photos and files, but they only disappear until I open the app again.

I still have no storage space and my phone is useless if I don't have the space for a single picture to be taken. Please help!

2. Dannydet

Dannydet Extreme Android User

Use a file explorer on the phone and delete them using that.
    Reboot your phone

RoryNG likes this.
  3. RoryNG

RoryNG Lurker

I get the message "unable to delete some documents" and no files have been deleted. This happens when I try to delete the Netflix files and folders as well as ordinary photos and files.

4. Dannydet

Dannydet Extreme Android User

Take the sd card out insert to your pc and delete from there

5. RoryNG

RoryNG Lurker

It's a micro SD card and won't fit in my PC's SD card slot.

6. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

USB MicroSD card readers cost just a few £/€/$. Always worth having one in the drawer.

Though I'm very surprised that Netflix allows you to store media on a removable card - these companies are normally very keen to make copying of files difficult.

(Yup, that's right, I don't use Netflix. Or Amazon video. We do still exist!).

#6 Hadron, Oct 7, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2018
    puppykickr likes this.
  7. RoryNG

RoryNG Lurker

I doubt attempting to delete them from the computer using an SD reader will be any different to using a USB cord but I will try it if I can't find another solution. And yes the files are indeed saved on the SD card.

HTC Desire 825 Forum

The HTC Desire 825 release date was April 2016. Features and Specs include a 5.5" inch screen, 13MP camera, 2GB RAM, Snapdragon 400 processor, and 2700mAh battery.

April 2016
Release Date
Reviews