1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Can't delete duplicate song from playlist

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by TexasBrandi, Aug 24, 2011.

1. TexasBrandi

TexasBrandi Lurker
    None

I have a couple of songs that I accidentally put on my playlist twice. They are only in the phone itself once. When I try to delete one of them from the playlist, the only option it gives deletes it from the phone completely (the options are play, add to playlist -even though it is on that playlist, and delete -it you hit delete, it says that it will permanantly delete it from the SD card).

I am using the music player that came with the phone (the HTC EVO). Is there any way around this? I've never heard of not being able to delete it from a playlist. When I mount it as a usb drive, playlists don't show up on the computer, so I can't do it from there.

any suggestions (other than deleting it and then putting it back on and adding it to my playlist only once?)

Advertisement

2. Evo

Evo Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 24, 2010
    The menu you are seeing is from long pressing on a song. What you need to do is when you have your playlist open, hit menu, and there will be an option that says "remove songs". Put a check next to the ones you want to get rid of and click the "Remove" button at the bottom.

Tags: