• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help can't delete email message

I've had my Droid for a few months now. I've never had a problem with my email. Recently, I received an email that I deleted, but it won't leave my inbox. I went to the verizon store and they said they've never seen it before and don't know how to fix it. Anyone else have this problem before?

Yep, got one sitting in my inbox right now that I can't get rid of...haven't found a solution yet.

Upvote 0
I've got one now and pulling the battery does nothing and neither does deleting it off my source webmail.

The email is blacked out and cannot be opened but if i go to the trash i find 2 copies of the same email. I cannot delete the first but deleting the second removes them both from the trash. The problem now is that the email stuck in my inbox has changed to whatever the next one is below the original one so as i delete them, they just shift up.

I'm going thru my entire trash and deleting everything now...

Upvote 0
allright I got it figured out, I deleted every email out of my trash and the email finally dosappeared from my inbox.

Too bad there's no quick way to select and "delete all" or shortcut to "empty" trash bin.

My apologies for reviving a thread from 2010.

This fix worked for me today for Exchange ActiveSync, with the default Email app, on Android KitKat 4.4.2. Thank you!!!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones