• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Can't delete files or apps and other problems

No errors on factory reset except something about no sd extension partition.

I just bought a new SD card and reformatted it.

I'm not sure what else to try. Why could it be that I get stuck in the bootloop every time?

Any other custom ROMs you can suggest?

CM7 would be the safest bet... you may want to go into the mounts and partition section of clockwork after doing a factory reset and format the /boot and /system partition also. Also go to the advanced section and wipe the dalvik cache. Then install the ROM. The first boot up can take up to 5 minutes.

Upvote 0
I just read somewhere about formatting /data before an install and when I tried to do that I received: "error formatting /data".

Googling that error I found a thread on xda where I guy had the same problems as me and it sounds like he wasn't able to fix it: "error formatting /data" and "error formatting /cache" - xda-developers. something about a filesystem error.

What do you think? Is this the end of the road?

Upvote 0
I just read somewhere about formatting /data before an install and when I tried to do that I received: "error formatting /data".

Googling that error I found a thread on xda where I guy had the same problems as me and it sounds like he wasn't able to fix it: "error formatting /data" and "error formatting /cache" - xda-developers. something about a filesystem error.

What do you think? Is this the end of the road?

We've pointed a few people in that direction with some success.... but the error can also be the sign of a hardware problem.

It's worth a shot, just follow the directions carefully.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones