1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

cant delete message

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by hydroid, Jan 11, 2010.

1. hydroid

hydroid Member

Nov 30, 2009
    New York City
    Well so I am trying to delete a massage thread and my hero goes crazy!
    After I press delete thread the message app is unresponsive then I get an error and I can't even get online. I have to reboot in order for the phone to go online. A.d guess what the messages I wanted to delete r still there. I was using handcent I uninstalled it and went back to stock app but the problem still there. Pls help I dnt wanna do a factory reset.

Advertisement

2. K-Rizzle

K-Rizzle Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Dog Walker
    North Carolina
    You really have to keep up with deleting messages, or else the phone will freeze when you try to do a mass delete. Happened to me, and I spent 2 hours the other day deleting old messages.

Try this app, it was the only way I got them all off of my phone, but I had to do only like 5 threads at a time. ;)

[​IMG]

Super SMS Quick Delete v1.15 Application for Android | Tools

3. hydroid

hydroid Member

Nov 30, 2009
    New York City
    Thank u I will give it a try.

4. hydroid

hydroid Member

Nov 30, 2009
    New York City
    I tried the app but no luck :( it won't delete them. And it force closes. It's only this one thread that is causing problems, I have like 1700 messages on it. I know too many but still I never thought the phone would not b able to delete them.

5. K-Rizzle

K-Rizzle Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2009
    Dog Walker
    North Carolina
    ^ That is exactly what happened to me. I had to delete 5 messages at a time in my biggest threads, both of which had over 1000 messages.

6. hydroid

hydroid Member

Nov 30, 2009
    New York City
    That's wat I did too. Well I'm finally done and won't let it happen again. Can anyone get technical and explain y this happens?

Tags: