1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Can't delete pics

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by chuck0001, Jul 14, 2016.

1. chuck0001

chuck0001 Lurker
    None

Jul 14, 2016
    Male
    I have read a few threads here but still can't take care of this problem. I know how to delete pics from my gallery but when I go to send a pic via text message, pics I deleted from the gallery show back up. I tried holding my finger on the pic in an effort to delete it but doesn't. I have tried everything under the sun to get rid of the but cannot.

All advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Advertisement

2. svim

svim Android Expert

Dec 19, 2013
    Illinois
    Sounds like this is a matter of there's a difference between what photos the Gallery app is displaying and what photos are actually still residing on your phone. In other words, when you have the Gallery app open and 'delete' a file it's not actually deleting the file from your phone, it's just taking that particular photo out of what Gallery is showing. There might be an option in the Gallery app's menu settings to delete photos from both being displayed and off your phone but I'm going to suggest you switch to something like the Google Photos app. Like the Gallery app it's a photo library manager but Google Photos also has a backup/sync function that allow you to automatically back up your photos to your online Google account. If you don't already have some kind of backup solution it really is important you back up your photos and videos.
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.apps.photos&hl=en