1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Can't Delete Recurring Events (calendar)

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by RPG123, Nov 23, 2010.

1. RPG123

RPG123 New Member

Sep 11, 2010
    Hey everyone. I'm having trouble with deleting single recurring events on my phone's calendar. Let me explain:

I teach a student every week on Wednesday, so naturally I have a recurring event set up every Wednesday at the same time, fine. Well, this week he canceled (it's Thanksgiving week) so I deleted only this week's lesson, fine. Everything is working so far as planned.

Then, to my surprise, his lesson pops up again in my calendar a couple of days later. I deleted it again. A couple of days later, and that Wednesday lesson comes up again. This happens with ALL recurring events I've tried this with.

Here's what I know:

1) It's not a problem with Google Calendar. I checked, and the deletions are actually represented perfectly on my account, just not on my phone.

2) It's not a problem with the default calendar app. I've downloaded several others, and they all have the same issue.

My conclusion:

It has something to do with the phone's handling of recurring events.

I have no idea how to go about fixing this. Does anybody else have the same issue? Anybody have ideas to fix it?

Thanks!

Advertisement

2. Endoran

Endoran Well-Known Member

Aug 19, 2010
    SLC, Utah
  3. RPG123

RPG123 New Member

Sep 11, 2010
    :/ I'm glad I'm at least not alone in this issue, though I would love to be able to fix this....

4. RPG123

RPG123 New Member

Sep 11, 2010
    Sorry for the double post, but I wanted to update my situation.

Just like Endoran had mentioned, this was in fact a problem with the apps I was using. The default app had this issue. A calendar app called Gemini had this issue.

Fortunately, the app "Business Calendar" fixed this issue. I still don't know the particulars of what caused this issue, but I did end up finding an app that works.

5. sremick

sremick Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2010
    IT Admin
    USA
    Business Calendar does indeed look slick. Can't wait for it to be finished and come out of beta.

I looked at Gemini but liked Jorte better.