• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Can't disable camera button.

weasel

Android Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2010
Renfrew, ON
Strange thing happened. When I try to disable the cammera button ( Galaxo+ settings ) it doesn't work. In fact all it will do is force close on me. Everything else in 1.6.3.3 seems to be behaving quite well for me, even taking pictures. Haven't had the pixelated or no image thing at all. Is there something I am missing that I could try ?

Oh Im glad that Im not the only one :p
I didnt want to bother people with a new thread.
I managed to install latest galaxo, and problem is: I cant disable camera button in galaxo parameters (or I dont know). I can access service, but when i touch disable cam, it gets freezed and after 30-45 sec with a "app doesnt respond" with [wait] and [force shut] options. I reinstalled firmware, did wipe and factory reset, nothing worked. Any idea?

Upvote 0
I don't even get the Superuser request ( probably because I already did for something in that app ... ) Ninja tap didn't work at all.

Kamala: Do you have Titanium backup ? Just wondering because yesterday I got a force close request from it. I waited and all seemed to go back to normal. Curious to see if its interfering somehow ...

Upvote 0
I don't really know, is it even possible to deactivate the camera button without using Galaxo+? Because using Odin would simply change the firmware, not really related to the fact that you want to turn off the camera button.

Do you really need to deactivate it?

Well, I have problems with my cam button, it gets stuck when you press, and disable rest of the buttons (call and home). Thats why I need to disable it.
But Im thinking about switching from Galaxo 1.6.3.3. cause Im not happy with battery lifetime. Whats procedure, I flash with Odin like usual, doesnt matter cause I have installed Galaxo?
Anyway, thanks for your time DaSchmarotzer

Upvote 0
Flash with Odin and go !!

Now that said, I got my button disabled !!! Not quite sure how it happened, there some phone re-boots while I was doing stuff. One thing I did do that I don't really think did anything was to finish the install of TiBackup. I had downloaded the app, but done nothing else. I did the first run and it wanted to check for newest version of BusyBox. So I did that, backed up my phone and re-booted. I tried the cam disable after that and it worked. No Ninja required.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones