1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Root Can't do nandroid backup?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by TrimTram, Aug 3, 2013.

1. TrimTram

TrimTram Newbie

Bit a of a newbie here. I decided to try and root my phone after battling with my laggy Elite over the last year or so. I followed the steps from here for the ClockWorkMod, using giantpune's method.

http://androidforums.com/elite-all-things-root/620742-faq-guide-clockworkmod-optimus-elite.html

I then installed Titanium back and did the recovery reboot. However, there's not back up/nandrop option. I get the first 4 options (reboot -->wipe cache partition) and then an error about not finding the update package from E:failed to read footer from cache/ (is directory).

I tired modifying the install-recovery.sh to install-recovery.sh.bak, but that didn't seem to work. I also inadvertently deleted it (don't know if that's an issue).

Any help would be great!

Advertisement

2. Sharkhunter45

Sharkhunter45 Well-Known Member

It sounds like you're still in the stock recovery, I'd try and redo the installation of cwm. You could always do it the non-Pune way, like many of us did lol. It's a bit time consuming if you want to do it right, but it's a great way to do it. But yeah, just try reinstalling cwm :)

TrimTram likes this.
  3. Artine

Artine Android Expert

You're still in the stock recovery, but no worries - just keep trying, or attempt one of the other methods in that guide :) See SharkHunter's post ^

TrimTram likes this.
  4. TrimTram

TrimTram Newbie

All right, thanks guys! I'll try it again.

5. TrimTram

TrimTram Newbie

I tried giantpune's again, and it worked! I think what happened was that I didn't actually install the CWM after installing the noobtool, which would explain the problem.

Also, just installed a new ROM for the first time (Sleipnir). It's awesome. So much quicker than the stock android, and my 3G seems to be better too. I can't believe I've been using Android phones for two years and only now am I finally rooting. Thanks for your help!